Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The last few days.

Over the past few days I have been researching exsisting rock/metal magazines to gain an understanding of how the images, text and names are relevant to their readers.








After analysing these exsisting magazines, I have found that the target auidence is:
  • Mainly males
  • Ages 14-24
  • Low-Mid Class

Using this information I was able to write a breif specification for my magazine:

Type Of Music - Rock/Metal/Alternative

Audience - Mainly males, ages 14-24






I have also been trying to figure out a catchy, relevant name for the magazine.

I came up with three possible names, but cannot decide which one to use just yet.

  • Loud! Magazine
  • Amplified

  • Distortion

Also, I have designed some intial Ideas for the front cover:





Now, I'm goning to choose the right layout for the front cover and make a plan of whats going to be on the front cover (e.g image, text, font style, effects etc).

After I have decided this, I will be able to make sketches of what it might look like and create a mock images on the computer. Also, I will be able to select a location for the picture to be taken and the people to be used for it.

=]












2 comments: